Monday, July 8, 2013

Time to think of Holidays? Already?

I don't have any pictures to share this time around.  Work was very busy for me and I didn't get any stitching time in.  I did chill out with looking through some patterns for holiday crafts.  I am in a Christmas swap but won't know my person until after August.  I thought I'd still start to look through a couple of patterns for "filler".  On craftsy I found a cute snowman mug rug which I might do.  That would be like an "extra" thing to put in the box.

My friend Janine is now in her own apartment after her husband (hereafter referred to as "ex") left her. I think it will be a good move for her.  She knows that I quilt so she has already asked me for a couple of small things for her wall.  She first wants something to hand up on the door and it only needs to be around 12" so that won't be too bad.  I might make her some holiday mug rugs and/or placemats.  Craftsy has some cute ones (as well as Fat Cat Patterns) which I might print up and do.  It's about that time of year where it is always good to have small projects on hand.  That way when my "memory" isn't so good I have a present on hand to give somebody.  That's the plan anyway.  Not sure how it will turn out.

My cold is doing better but I'm still tired so I think I will go and lie down.

Happy Crafting everybody!

No comments:

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...