Wednesday, July 31, 2013

It's Coming!!!!!!!

You can shake your head.  You can hide your head.  It won't change the fact that the holiday's will be upon us.  As a reminder, more for me than my readers, I've put up a countdown til Christmas.  Yes, I know.  I'm one of those sick people who like to be reminded how little time I have left to get some things done.  :)

I'm in a Christmas swap this year and I'd love to post some of my projects I'm thinking of doing for it BUT....the recipient of it might see it before they receive it.  Part of the fun is seeing all the festive patterns and I have to thank my friend Connie for supporting that addiction.  She showed me some of her new patterns and there are a couple that I L...O...V...E.  I might make one of them for Christmas.  Even if I don't give it to my partner in the Christmas Swap, it's small enough that I could do it for mom in the nursing home.  I could also hang it up in my office.  So many possibilities!  Of course those possibilities will be limited if I don't get off my butt and get them done.  LOL.

What will you be working on for the holidays?

Oh..almost forgot. Here is the inspiration for my next wall hanging.


One of the people, Penny's Touchofhome, showed off her beautiful bars of soap that she made on this plate.  When I saw the plate underneath the soap I asked her if I could see a better picture of it and soon we were chatting back and forth about how to turn it into a quilt project.  You all know that I love applique and this immediately struck a cord with me.

Penny has already picked out fabric to make hers with as well as sketched out a pattern.  I'm not sure what, or even when, I'll get to this but don't you think it would make a great wall hanging?  I am thinking of doing on plate in the middle.  It would be small enough that I could hang it up in my office.  Some ideas that were banted back and forth between Penny and I was the possibility of using small dishes for the corners.  I will be interested to see if she does that (it was her idea).

So stay tuned for updates and musings about future projects.

I hope everybody has a great day!

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...