Saturday, August 30, 2014

More organization?

I'll blame Connie.  Yeah, that's it.  It's Connie's fault.  She is getting more organized and counting her unfinished projects and I then feel the need to get more organized.  Well that's not quite true, I felt the need to see how many unfinished projects (UFO's) I had.  My earlier post found around 15 and then today while I was cleaning up the sewing room, I ran across about 14 more.  Some of them are only ideas it's not too bad.  Of course I could blame Missouri Star Quilt Company (MSQC) also since I watch their videos and think..oh yeah, that would be nice to try.  Then there is Rose Hall from Custom Quilt Kits I could blame because she does a lot of my precuts (already fused) for me and it's just so much fun.  I can see an AccuQuilt pattern and contact Rose to see if she has the dies.  She is very reasonable on costs and it has increased my "to do" stack,  In reality though I can blame no one except myself since I see something and want to recreate it.  I don't always have the talent to do so but if I don't stretch out my wings I"ll never fly.

I am happy to report that my sewing area is straightened up again.  Of course my living area is messy now but it will get cleaned up soon.  When I was cleaning I think I found my backing material for one of the table runners that I had Rose do for me.  It's a Happy Birthday runner and is an AccuQuilt pattern.

http://www.accuquilt.com/go-birthday-treats-table-runner.html

Here is the fabric I ran across.  Since there are cupcakes on either side of the table runner, this might look cute for the back.  What do you think?



I think I've also mentioned before that I am doing a zipper quilt wall hanging for someone who was diagnosed with breast cancer.  I think I am going to use this fabric for the back of it and the pink for the binding.


I just have to figure out how I'm going to quilt it.

That's the end of my break.  Now I have to rip out the border on Dan's t-shirt wall hanging.  Sigh.  That will take a bit.

1 comment:

esther said...

I love your cupcake fabric. And you do great things , even straightening your work place. You do not want to see my sewing space LOL

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...