Monday, September 1, 2014

What a wonderful day!

Yep, that's right.  I am saying today has been wonderful!!!!!!!

I got 2/3rds of my apartment cleaned up.  I managed to get in a little quilting but also managed to find more UFO's.  Where are they all coming from?

I took off one of the borders Dan's quilt because of the two small holes in it and replaced it with a strip that didn't have any holes.  The more I look at these holes I think they must have been made by a staple.  I'll have to watch when I get fabric to make sure they don't staple the "tag" to the fabric any more.  So I fixed that side and was going to work on the fourth and final side.  Wouldn't you know it?  THAT side also has  "staple" holes!  What the .....?  So now I have to go and replace that side also.

 As I near the end of doing this, I have to think on how I'm going to put on a label.  I have four smallish circles with writing on them that I might use in the corners.  I still need to figure out what to say in the label.  I don't normally do labels.  After that it will be the sleeve.  I'm not sure I have enough of the backing fabric to match it (which is what I like to do).  I'll check that out this week.

I feel wonderful though because I had a surprise phone call from one of my internet friends.  It was a wonderful chat and I can't wait for more opportunities to chat again.

Of course another thing that made it a wonderful day was the fact that it is a holiday.  I do have to go back to work tomorrow though and I'm sure that the 4 day workweek will seem like 6.  It's still a great way to start my week and I hope you all have a safe and wonderful holiday.


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...