Thursday, September 4, 2014

I am happy...for now

I was working on the wall hanging for Ann (breast cancer) and had to enlarge it.  I managed to add on two borders and now I'm wondering if I should keep it a wall hanging or just say it's a lap quilt.  It is approximately 36" x 44" inches.  What do you think?

Here is what it will look like.  I cut a thin strip of the material that I'm thinking of using for the binding to give you an idea.  That might end up also being the fabric for the back.


I think that I am happy with how this turned out.  Now I have to figure out how to quilt it.  I just got my basting spray in the mail.  I had run out of my June Tailor spray and now will try 505.  It got it at 50% off on a JoAnne sale so hopefully I'll like it.

Now I can wait to work on this until Sunday.  Saturday is gaming.


3 comments:

Sue Cottle said...

Lap quilt - making the backing flannelette, and it won't slip off, lol.

Looks very good - well done!

sue:)

Kat Scribner said...

I like it. A lap quilt is comfy. Your piecing skills are really progressing. I like the color combo too. If a lap quilt, consider backing it with fleece or flannel, it might hug the body and stay in place better and add to the comfyness.

Bonni said...

Thanks Sue and Kat. I'm just using the white and black fabric for the back. I'm not a fan of flannel to work with and that means I don't have any in my stash. It will still be nice I think. I'll be taking it to work on Tuesday to use the tables in the conference room to sandwich it. So hopefully by this time next week it will all finished.

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...