Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Needle Minders and projects

Hello everybody!

I hope you have had a great day.  I am having fun still being on vacation even though I did go into the office to take care of a couple of emails that I didn't think could wait.  It was fun being able to leave when I wanted to.  :)

So when I got home I made a couple of Needle Minders and think these might become addictive.  Do you know what they are?  They are little things that hold your needles for you.  EASY to make.  You find something cute that you like.  It could be a button or a charm, etc. and then you glue (I used gorilla glue) a magnet to the back side.  Let it dry 24 hours and then it is ready to use.  You need two magnets (mine were round ones) because the pretty side goes on top of your fabric and the plain magnet goes on the back and it holds it in place.  THEN when you need to park a needle or pin someplace, it is right there.  In this picture I had a small dragon charm and I am using my needle minder on my redwork Noel that I am doing.  The needles are held in place because of the magnet on the back!



Here is another one that I quickly did.


That one is being used on some cross stitch that I am doing.  I didn't have a threaded needle handy so just stuck on a straight pin to show it off a bit.

I did get to finish a top on a UFO.  This was the Quilt Magazine's BOM a couple (?) of years ago?  I finally put the squares together.  Now I have to get it quilted.



That's it for this report.  Time to start to address some Christmas cards and put in a Christmas movie.  Have a great day!


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...