Saturday, November 26, 2016

Sales

I have ordered a lot of things that were on sale but haven't gotten yet, but I also proud of what I picked up on sale at Hobby Lobby.  I can turn these three things into gifts.

The first  is this little cross stitch kit.  It was originally marked as $13.99 but I got it on sale for $3.01.  I can do it as a present for my friend Janine who is taking classes on decorating cupcakes and such.




Next is this Debbie Mumm Mini Banner.  It was originally $12.99 but I got it for $2.80.  It comes with the little hanger that is shown in the picture also and the floss is already separated so that is nice.


The third great sale I got was for a stamped embroidery wall/lap quilt.


It is the shortened version of the Serenity Prayer and once finished it should be 36" x 36".  It was originally marked $12.99 but I got it for $2.80.  It only uses the stem stitch and takes 3 skeins of Dark Delft Blue and 2 of Dark Straw so that isn't bad.

Now....on to the quilting part.  Remember when I showed you my little snowman and then showed you my mistake?



I was calling the mistake the snowman in a blizzard.  I set it aside and then figured, what the heck, let me try to take off the interfacing.  It WORKED!

So I was able to mostly finish it.  Tomorrow I am going to try and put on the binding.


This was the first time that I did raw edge applique and while not perfect it is good enough and I might try it again some time.

It's getting late.  I just got home from gaming night with friends and I want to unwind a bit.  Today I was working on white cross stitches on black aida cloth so my eyes can use the break.

I hope everybody has a great day.


No comments:

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...