Monday, November 7, 2016

Sideways Zipper

By now most of you know that I like the Zipper Quilt that Missouri Star Quilt Company came out with.  I had a jungle themed charm pack that I had cut up to make a Zipper Quilt but never did it but this weekend I managed to do a small wall hanging for the office.  I am calling this one Sideways Zipper since it is more rectangular.



I like the fall colors that are in it.  If you look closely, however, you will see that it has hippos, lions, and other jungle animals as well as bamboo in it.  It's fun to look at it from my desk and it makes me smile.  Not a bad thing when you are working all day.

I also managed to find, in my stash of fabric from Ghana some fabric which I thought worked rather well for this.  I just wrapped it around to the front for the binding so it didn't take long at all to finish.


With that UFO finished, I can turn to look at what else I want to work on.  I decided that I need to do another redwork Christmas project so I pulled out my NOEL and started to work on that.  My goal with this redwork is to make the back as nice/clean as the front as far as threads are concerned.  I am going to use a method that I learned from a cross stitch video.  Leave a long enough tail when you start new threads so that you can tie off the end instead of "traveling" with it.  If you can rethread it on a need, then you can also thread it under one more time for further security (or neatness).  So far it is working.  Let's see if I can keep it up.





With all of that going on, I felt like I wanted to cook something so I decided to use up some leftovers and cook some Bacon Potato Soup.  I didn't have a recipe but I thought if it didn't turn out as a soup then I could name it Bacon Mashed Potatoes or something.  It turned out pretty good.  It has some bacon, celery, onion, milk, butter, celery seed, salt, pepper, and of course potatoes.  I thickened it a bit with instant mashed potato flakes so I didn't dilute the taste.



It's time for me to get back to work.  I hope everybody has a great day.




No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...