Thursday, April 6, 2017

Pre Festival Excitement

Tomorrow will be an exciting day for me.  It's The International Quilt Festival Day!!!!!

The Quilt Festival will be held from Thursday to Sunday (I believe) but I will be getting up early tomorrow to drive to  Quilter's General Store (kitty corner to the Cherry Vale Mall in Rockford for locals) and hop on the bus to take me to Rosemont IL to the International Quilt Festival.

Just think.....5 hours being surrounded by all that eye candy (quilts) and Merchant booths.   Last year some nice people, who were waiting for a demonstration to begin, struck up a conversation with me and it wasn't later on that I realized it was somebody who had been working on a demonstration piece herself.  It was a Zentangle demonstration and it was very interesting.  Do you know what Zentagle is?  It is done on paper but some people are starting to do it with their sewing machines.  If I had to describe it, I would say it is Adult Doodling.  Check it out.

https://www.zentangle.com/

The Quilt Festival is, to me, a place to recharge.  Inspiration can come from anywhere but to have so much inspiration concentrated in one area for one day (in my case) totally gets me anxious to work on projects.  The tired muscles, sore feet, headache from the crowd is totally worth it.  The headache doesn't always happen so ignore that part.  LOL.

There are classes one can take if they want to sign up for them ahead of time, demos on new products (many if not all are for free), and places to sit and relax.  While you're at a table strike up a conversation with others who might want to sit by you and find out where they are from.  Perhaps you see something that they bought that you wanted to see more closely...ask them where they got it.

As you have probably figured out by now, I'm slowly getting over my shyness about going to this show.  My friend Connie is going with me and that will be an extra treat.

Everybody have a great day and look for pictures from the show to appear sometime over the weekend.  In the meantime let's look at some of the pictures I took in 2013, my first year of attending the show.






Enjoy and get out to find whatever inspires you.



No comments:

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...