Sunday, April 23, 2017

Resting on Sunday?

I wish I could rest on Sunday.  Saturday always seems to be the day to go grocery shopping and such and that means one should be able to rest on Sunday.  I suppose it could happen if I remember to do my laundry on Saturday.  This week, however, I didn't so I had to go to the laundry mat on Sunday and get the laundry done.  Soooo up by 8 a.m. to get the laundry done.  After that it was another trip to Walmart while talking with a friend who was traveling.  Walmart took about 1 1/2 hours since I wasn't in a hurry and I was looking for a few items that I wasn't sure where they were at (highly unusual for me).  After that it was time to go home and start some cooking.

Late last night I did the 3 ingredient sloppy joes which are good.  Somewhere between good and very good.  I will probably make that recipe again.  Today I tried to make some Blackberry cordial for the first time.  Next Sunday will be when I can test/taste it.  If it turns out well I will make some more.  This recipe only makes a VERY small batch which suits me since it is only me.

I also tried the Old Fashioned Goulash recipe.  It was good and made a lot.  I have 5 containers in the freezer of it) but I can see it needs tweaking.  If I had some Adobo seasoning I might not have to tweak it but I didn't want to buy any new spices.  As it was, it needs to be spiced up a little bit.  Another thing that I would change would be when you add the spices.  According to the recipe you don't add the seasoning when you cook your meat.  You add it when you add in the tomato sauce and other things.  I think that it would pick up the spices better if you added them when you were cooking the meat.

I am also proud because I remembered to take off the blade protectors from my chopper this time BEFORE I tried to chop up an onion.  Yeah, I forgot that last time.  The onions didn't cut up much so I finished them by hand.  Go figure!  The blades are dull when the covers are on them?  Yeah, I know.  My brain was dull that day too.  LOL.

Now I am tired and I have to put my phone on the charger again (lost count if it is for the 2nd or 3rd time since I am talking with a friend).  I told him to give me 1 hour and we can talk again.  So before I use up my 1 hour time frame, I'm going to sign off here and lay down for a bit.  :)

Everybody have a great day.


No comments:

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...