Thursday, October 19, 2017

Happy Friday Eve!

Or Friday if you are in another timezone.  :)

I had to get back to work on Wednesday but I wish I could have stayed home a couple more days.  It did have a fun time off (even if I did have to clean in the first half of it).  I managed, as you know, to play with my Instant Pot and also put away some soups in the freezer.  I am loving that it is getting into soup weather.  I am making ham and bean soup for tonight.  It actually is in the crockpot (so it doesn't think I don't love it anymore).  Soaked the beans last night and put it over to cook while at work.  I'll put a couple of containers of it in the freeze also. 

I did manage to get my mini wall hanging done and it is now up at work.  I like it there.  I also like that I have something up that isn't seasonal so it doesn't have to be changed soon.  :)



It now joins my other quilted wall hangings on the wall. 




It's about time to change out some of them but I need to buy more command hooks so that I can get them on the back of the wall hangings. 

Did I also had to snip some more chives and sage today so they will be joining my refrigerator collection. 


I will probably use the chives tonight.  I am having fun with cooking again and made some applesauce over the weekend.  I need to get more apples and make some more.  I also want to make some sweet potato hummus.  I went to an event at Hy-Vee (grocery) store last night that was put on by their Dietitian.  It was entitled:  Dietitian Cancer Fighting Foods Class.  There was a brief discussion about foods and then we paired up to make 5 dishes and then we got to sample them.  The recipes were also given out at the event.  I think that the sweet potato hummus was the best but I might have been a tad biased since I made it with another woman.  :)

Brussels Sprout Slaw with Cranberries and Walnuts

Sweet Potato Hummus - YUMMMM

Chia Oatmeal Porridge with Blueberry Compote

Cauliflower Tabbouleh

If anybody wants the recipes, let me know.  There was a Turmeric and Cinnamon Masala Chai that was made also.  It was added at the last minute and I forgot to take a picture of it.  I was probably too busy eating.  I was surprised that I really liked it.  It was made with almond milk, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, pepper and Dark Amber maple syrup.  I might have to make that sometime when it's cold outside because it certainly warms you up and the spices are good for you too.  

That's it for now.  I just wanted to share some of the things I accomplished this week and to remind you to smile!  The weekend is almost here.





1 comment:

Sue Cottle said...

Is there someone else already at Friday? LOVE that wall hanging - very cool, as are all other hangings! Recipes for the sweet potato hummus (tho I'll probably react to it, but maybe less worse than proper hummus) and the Chia thingy. Me and tumeric don't get on at all. Rock on with a (LONG, Labour) weekend. <3

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...