Sunday, October 29, 2017

Stitching and Cooking on Sunday

Whew!  It's time for me to take a small break.  It's been a busy weekend.  I've made Sweet Potato Hummus, Beef Stew, Garlic Parmesan Potatoes, and decorated some of the cookies for the birthday party at work on Halloween.  Here are the pictures (well some of them since you already saw some in other posts).



The recipe, idea said to partially cover the nutter butter cookies but I'm tempted to totally cover them (at lest on the front).  What do you think?



I also managed to get some crafting in.  Remember that mini wall hanging I talked about in my last post?  I am stitching on the binding now.  I left off the bats which, to me, made it more Halloween than Fall. 


I am also in the process of taking off the blue markings on one of my Aida cloth so I can reuse it.  Since it would be blank Aida cloth I decided not to take a picture.  It is one step closer to getting back into some cross stitch which is nice too. 

Speaking of cross stitch.  I had ordered a double floss container from Amazon and it arrived today!  That was exciting.  Unfortunately one of the handles to one of them (I ordered two).  So I went on Amazon's website, went through the clicks to say I wanted to return one of them and why and much to my surprise (and delight) they are sending me a replacement and I do not need to mail back the broken one.

What broke was about a one inch piece of the handle.  Since I don't have to send it back, I'm going to try and gorilla glue it back in place.  Either way I will be able to use it!  Another thing that I that I wanted to share with you is a cross stitch journal that one of the ladies in one of my Facebook groups shared.  I hadn't thought of doing this, although have attempted to do them before for quilting, and thought some of you might be interested in seeing it.


I doubt that I can keep something that neat but it is a great idea.  :)

Time for me to get back to sewing on the binding to the little mini quilt.  Perhaps I'll get it done tonight and be able to hang it up tomorrow.

Everybody have a great night/day.

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...