Sunday, March 25, 2018

A Finish!

Hello everybody!

You know what I've been working on today?


Yep that's right.  I was working on my Ph.D. or UFO whichever is easier for you to say.  I usually say UFOs but I couldn't resist using this meme.  :)

So what was the UFO that I worked on AND finished?  Before showing you, let me say that I couldn't sleep last night so I did something that I normally don't do.  I sewed early into the morning.  That was because I finally had made up my mind on what thread to use and how to quilt it.  So here is the results.



This is my Birthday Banner that I will use at work.  I will try to hang it up on the wall or over the window at work in May when we celebrate the May birthdays.  We don't have anybody's birthday in April and May is the month where MY two co-workers in the Dean's Office have their birthday.  So I thought to use this.  I might try to make them some mug rugs for their birthday this year too.  Perhaps ones which have cupcakes on them.  We don't exchange presents but I do like to give them some little thing each year.  Last year it was glasses from Dollar Tree which had cute little balloons on them and said Happy Birthday.  :)  It's not the best picture so I will try to take a better one in May.  Irregardless, it is one finished and no longer a Ph.D. or UFO.

Remember me saying that I was going to do Victoriana Quilt Design Stained Glass Striped quilt?  It starts April 5th but I have my squares of batting all cut out.  They do look kind of nice all neatly stacked up.  Now to look over and decide if I want to have specific colors in the quilt or if it will be totally scrappy.

(36) 6" squares
That's it for now.  My hand is hurting and I am having trouble gripping due to one finger hassling me.  We will come to some sort of an agreement sooner or later.   In the meantime I will do some crocheting, because I don't have to use the finger for that, and also some cross stitch.

I'll write more later and until then...

Have a great day/night.

1 comment:

esther said...

Your B-Day banner looks great and can't wait to see your Victorians Quilt Design, Stained Glass, Striped quilt :) Keep up the good work and praying your finger gets better. Hugs

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...