Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Finding patterns you had forgotten about

Oh yes...and another block finished.

First the block that I finished last night because I'm not a fan of it so I want to get it done and over with and I can talk about the patterns I *did* find that I like.  The block I'm talking about is the fourth block from the Civil War BOM from Custom Quilt Kits Inc.  It's not really a bad block but I just don't like how much I'll probably have to stretch it out...oops...I mean block it.  Here it is.


It looks probably better in the picture because I could crop off the uneven edges.  I did manage to refrain from cutting it last night because I know I would have cut too much off.  I would see that I have a quarter inch before extra cream at my points and think I had done it wrong.  Yeah, I know...I can hear you now.  "But Bonni....you NEED that quarter inch for your seam allowance when it gets sewn together."  I agree.  I *do* need that 1/4".  That's why I had to stop otherwise the mad cutter would have hacked at it.  LOL.

I've been going through my files and stuff at home to try, yet again, to get a bit more streamlined and organized.  I figure if I can't get my body more streamlined at least I can get my sewing area and projects more streamlined....maybe.

On the bright side, I did find two books that I had forgotten where I put them.  Actually I forgot that I even had one of them.  They are:



As you can perhaps see from the pictures, I've torn them apart and put them in protective sleeves so that I can take out whichever pattern I need to and when done put it right back.

What are you working on today?  I hope it will be fun and you have a great day.

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...