Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I know what the hanging fabric is!!!!!

I heard back from my brother.  Remember I was wondering what the fabric (which looked like pillow cases to me) were?  I didn't think it could be a pillow case because why was it hanging over a table?  Guess what it is!

Now Roma guessed that it was beard protector.  LOVE that idea.  I can see that happening because beards do rub on the fabric.  It wasn't that.  Ready to hear what it was?



It's a fan!!!!!!


Yep, that's right.  It is a fan and a slave would push back and forth (perhaps two slaves, not sure) on the rods the fabric is hanging on to make it sway and create a breeze for those who are eating at the table.

They certainly were inventive weren't they.

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...