Wednesday, September 15, 2010

September 15, 2010

Pay bills, do laundry, check mail, get groceries....Yep, vacation is over.

Today was weird.  Getting used to Illinois again and having meals with friends.  Going to Bobbie's place to check up on my brother Kerm's progress....he's still recovering but managed to walk up 4 stairs.  I know he is in a lot of pain but it does show progress.  I did chuckle when Bobbie said that he needed a hair cut because he was starting to look a little shaggy.

I am spending the night catching up on the blog as well as watching TV.  There is a new Jimmy Smits show so I will watch that.  I won't write about America's Got Talent in case Shelley hasn't seen the finale yet.  :)

Today I bought a five cup coffee maker, a small (big enough for a sandwich) electric skillet and a new iron.  They all came in the same box and Walmart had them for $10.  I can always use another iron and the coffeemaker although I'm not sure on the mini skillet yet.  I'll see what I can use it for.

Oh...surprise surprise.  When I got up this morning I weighed myself and I had LOST weight while on vacation.  Totally shocking but I'll take it.  To celebrate I went to Great Clips and had them shampoo and trim my hair.  It somehow seemed like a good way to end the vacation.

Tomorrow is the first day back to work so I will be up to my eyeballs in emails and phone messages probably asking about tuition waivers.  That is usually what happens at this time of year. 

Until next time.....

No comments:

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...