Monday, September 13, 2010

Sunday September 12, 2010

Before I talk about my Sunday, I want to mention Redmond Salt that Shel picked up for me.  According to a google search/website for them (this came from:  http://www.thenaturalstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=262203&catid=167963&trx=PLST-0-SEARCH&trxp1=167963&trxp2=262203&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SEARCH&aid=338565&aparam=redmond_salt&scinit1=redmond_salt)

Millions of years ago, the salt in this pouch was part of a pristine sea...Long before the earth knew pollutants of any kind, a huge, ancient sea covered what is now North America.  Pure, natural salt was the main ingredient of this sea, and over millions of years, the water in the sea evaporated, leaving the salt in undisturbed deposits.  At some point during the earth's Jurassic era, a range of volcanoes erupted around the ancient sea bed, sealing salt with layers of thick volcanic ash, protecting these precious deposits against the pollution that man would eventually introduce into the environment.  Near the small town of Redmond, in south central Utah, we carefully extract this salt from the deep within the earth, and bring it to you in its pure, natural state-without additives, chemicals, or heat processing of any kind.  This is RealSalt® full of flavor and natural goodness - the way salt was meant to be savored!
The difference in Salt-
Did you know there is a vast difference in the quality and content of table salts on the market today?  Unlike most table salts, RealSalt is not bleached, kiln dried, heated, or altered with chemicals or pollutants.  RealSalt also has a full complement of beneficial trace minerals.  RealSalt comes to you in its natural form, with nothing added.  The result is a delicate "sweet salt" flavor that you may not have experienced before.
Sodium Chloride  98.32%
Calcium  .40%
Potassium  .12%
Sulphur  .11%
Magnesium  .10%
Iron  .06%
Phosphorus  .05%
Iodine  .002%
Manganese  .0015%
Copper  .001%
Zinc  .0006%
RealSalt also contains numerous other trace minerals in minute quantities

----

N ow on to my Sunday.  It is in italics because I am too tired to figure out how to get rid of them.  I might be able to fix this before most of you read it.  My Sunday started with allergies.  I woke up but it was almost as if I hadn't.  I had my allergy pills with me so I took some immediately but, of course, they can make me sleepy.


Meepers woke up before me so it was only us for about an hour when Em woke up around 9 a.m.  Meepers also was nice enough to make me scrambled eggs with turkey cubes in it.  I cut up some tomatoes to add to it and it was pretty good. 

I had "How to Train Your Dragon" on my mini so after breakfast we watched it.  Then, as a thank you for giving her a copy, Em drew me a picture from it.




Eventually everybody woke up but it appeared that we all were sleepy and suffering today.  John and Joe, who had stayed over since they gamed so late, were the last to wake up.  Food today was left overs and that was very nice so nobody had to work hard for it.


Today then was a stay at home, take naps, and eat leftover day.  Pretty good way to spend the day if you ask me.

No comments:

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...