Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The borders are on

Making progress on the wall hanging.  I managed to put on the border to Vicky K's wall hanging (quilting in the new year swap).  I am thinking of using one of the blues for the binding.  Not sure if I want black, white or one of the blues for the back yet.  Unfortunately one of the blocks got too close to the border (or would that be the other way around...the border got to close to the block?) but overall I like it and I will not redo it.  As I've said before...my projects aren't perfect (grins).


Today has been a good day.  My brother put new nuts and bolts in the hoop for me for my embroidery machine and so I had to test it out.  I decided to use it for the design for a label for Vicky's wall hanging.


My next machine I will hope to be able to do the entire label on it.  I'll probably set up a stock label then to use.  In the meantime I'm branching out to try different things and see what my machine can do.

A friend of mine has a sister whose name starts with H.  I was testing a border design and thought to do it with the H.  I can now just send this to my friend who is a quilter and see if she wants to make a mug rug or something out of it for her sister. 

No comments: