Thursday, October 27, 2011

Going to the Bolshoi

There is a time and place for everything and tomorrow, after some brief errands for my brother, will be my time.  Sooooo, I'm going to stop first thing in the morning and take some me time.  Kinda of me time.  It will be me and my sister in law.  I invited her to go see the first of the Ballet in Cinema series.  In case you don't know what that is, it is the ability to see ballets (opening nights and encore presentations) not in person but via your local theatre.  Tomorrow at 9 a.m. central is The ABolshoi Re-opening Gala.  Not a ballet per se but the broadcast of the live re opening of the great Bolshoi Theatre. 

Hopefully I will get to see some of the ballets this year.  The line up includes:

The Sleeping Beatury - Bolshoi - November 20
Mozart's Don Giovanni - December 7
The Nutcracker - Royal Ballet - December 18
LeCorsaire - Bolshoi - March 11
Giacomo Puccini - La Boheme - March 13
Romeo and Juliet - Royal Ballet - March 22
Verdi's Rigoletto - April 17
The Bright Stream - Bolshoi - April 29
LaFille Mal Gardee  - Royal Ballet - May 16
Raymonda - Bolshoi - June 24

Doesn't it sound like a great line up?


No comments:

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...