Monday, August 12, 2013

Correcting a mistake

I was getting ready to work on the August animal baby and discovered that one of the blocks that I had already done was done on the wrong fabric.  It was either that OR that all the subsequent blocks were all done wrong.  I figured it would be better to redo one vs. more.

As I was looking at that wayward block I came to the conclusion that it would be a pain to make another block.  I loved the fabrics that I used in it and wasn't sure if I had enough to make another one.  What was I to do?  Applique of course.  Of course it would be appliqued, but this time it would all be done ahead of time.  I cut off the lions head from the muslin it was on and put on some fusible so that I could just fuse it to the correct fabric.


See anything wrong with this picture?  You probably have already figured out that the shiny stuff is the fusible.  Yep.  That's right.  I ironed on the fusible BEFORE thinking to take out that blanket/buttonhole stitching around it.  So I spent around 2 hours picking out the stitching so that I could fuse it onto the right fabric.


FINALLY it is on the right fabric.  Now I have to hunt up the right shade of brown again and blanket/buttonhole stitch around the main.  That will get me caught up on all the past animal babies.  This month I have to work on a baby bear head.  He's cute but I still think that my favorite so far is the koala.  Shhhh.  don't tell the others.

I also figured out that I wanted to do another row on the disappearing patch and I'm much happier with it now.  I won't be working on it any more this week but it might be on next week's "crafting weekend".  I'm not sure yet because I have to figure out what color I'll use for the border and binding.  I'm not crazy about this pattern but I'm proud of myself for doing it.  I will also get to practice FMQ on it, probably just a meander, and give it away.  Here is what it looks like.



Any suggestions on what color for the border and binding?


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...