Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Finished block 4 of the Inspired blocks

Last night I finished a fourth block of the Inspired blocks.  If you follow the blog you've seen it before since it is another corner piece.  I don't like doing all the corner blocks, when they all look alike, at the same time so I split them up.



Next up on the stitching block is a prettier block.  I just have to match the pink in it and get some more floss.  That is easily done this weekend when I'm out at the store.  In the meantime I'll work on the parts I still have floss for.



As a break from doing these blocks, and before starting mom's birthday block, I am contemplating on making a mug rug.  I love this pattern and at $2 a pattern (on Craftsy) I can get mug rug patterns and save them to work on later.


This mug rug might be good for office presents.  I'm not sure yet.  It's just so much fun looking.

Speaking of looking, my friend Helen posted in a couple of my yahoo groups a link that you might like to check out.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-14/quilts-1700-19453a-queensland-art-gallery/4754706

It is images from the Quilts 1700-1945 exhibition at the Queensland Art Gallery, Brisbane, which is running from June 15 - September 22, 2013.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...