Thursday, January 9, 2014

Goodies in the Mail

YIPPEE!!!!!   I went to the post office and my fabric from Thousands of Bolts was there.  This is what I picked out with my gift certificate that I got for Christmas.  Did I say thank you Shelley?  If not...THANK YOU...THANK YOU.   These are the two stonehenge wide back fabrics.  I love them.  They are the wide fabric (102") but I'm not sure what I'll use them for.  I will let them visit their brothers and sister Stonehenge fabric until I do.




Here are the other two fabric.  They are labeled "blue" but the colors are more like a sage green or something.


I think it would work out well in a civil war or repro project.

Then I spent some time tonight looking on YouTube for Cathedral Windows.  I watched a couple and then just decided to jump in and wing it. Mind you, this was at 10:30 p.m. when I decided this.  I have to work tomorrow so I must turn off brain and get to bed.  Here is a mock up of my experiment.


I know what I will want to change on it.  This was done cutting a 10" block and then kept folding it.  :)  The center is 2.5" and seems to work relatively well.  I think that I will do what one of the videos suggested first.  It said to baste 1/4" all the way around the squares before I start to fold.  That will help with the corners I think.   I hand stitched the two blocks together but will do one mock up with using the sewing machine.  

That's it for tonight.  I really must get to bed.  LOL.

Everybody have a good night/day.


No comments:

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...