Saturday, December 7, 2013

Almost done!

Progress is going well on the T-Shirt quilt and I think it should be done this week.  I've worked on it a little bit but had an "oops" moment.


Nothing like going along sewing on the fabric only to discover when you flip it over to cut the thread that you have sewn part of the back ... well...back.  LOL.  It didn't take long to pick out and get it done right.

I thought that Theresa was doing such a great job on the quilt that I took the fabrics she had picked out and made her a quick little mug rug.  This also showed her how the yellow binding would look against the two fabrics.  One side is the back (the muted blue) and the other represents the border (the multi colored swirls).  It's only fair that she had a little something to keep also.



I should have made the mug rug when I was more awake since I can see some mistakes but it's all good.  I think she liked it.

We also managed to get that all important label done.  :)  I can't remember if I posted this yet or not so you might have seen it already.


I think we are going to leave the hem on it.  I had used one of the sleeves from the t-shirts and Theresa likes the fact that you can see that hem.  It just reinforces the fact that it was made from t-shirts.

That's it for this trip.  Time to take some more headache medicine and get to bed.  It will be a busy week.


No comments:

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...