Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Packages in the mail!

YIPPEE!  I got Mail!

It is so much fun to get mail that isn't bills!  It's even more fun when it is stuff either I ordered or stuff that I wanted.  LOL.

Today's mail ended up a combination of both.  First of all my friend Dan sent me a package that had t-shirts in it as well as a Gemsbok needlecase that I had ordered from his company "It Is What It Is".  What?  You don't know what a Gemsbok is?  Here you go.


  1. The gemsbok or gemsbuck is a large antelope in the Oryx genus. It is native to the arid regions of Southern Africa, such as the Kalahari Desert. Some authorities formerly included the East African oryx as a subspecies. Wikipedia
  2. Scientific nameOryx gazella
  3. Height120 cm (At Shoulder)
  4. Tail length45 – 90 cm
  5. Body length190 – 240 cm
  6. Mass100 – 210 kg (Female), 220 – 300 kg (Male)
And THIS is what the needle case looks like. 




Ignore the misspelling of the name of the beast.  :)  I placed it on a small cocktail napkin so you'd get an idea of how large it is.  This is a large needle case from them.  Can't wait to take it with me on Saturday to show people.  Of course there is a chance that they won't think it is as cook as I do but that's ok.  As long as *I* like it that is what matters since I ordered it.  :)

I do have to say that Dan knows how to pack a box.  Of course now I have to wait until I get home before I can see what is *on* the t-shirts since I know that I won't be able to get them back into the box as nice and neat as he did.  LOL.




Ohhh.  I also got something else (and a new book to read) but it's in the car and I can't take a picture of it until I get home.  Now that I have my other cables in I can transfer pictures again from the camera.    I guess this means I'll have to make another post tonight or tomorrow.  :)

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...