Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Fourth of July, 201

July 4th.  A big day in our history.  There is quite a bit of controversy as to weather our Declaration of Independence was signed on the 4th but it really doesn't matter.  The 4th is the day that we all celebrate.  Wikipedia also had an interesting little note (if you believe them).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_Day_%28United_States%29

They said:

"In a remarkable coincidence, both John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, the only signers of the Declaration of Independence later to serve as Presidents of the United States, died on the same day: July 4, 1826, which was the 50th anniversary of the Declaration. Although not a signer of the Declaration of Independence, James Monroe, the Fifth President of the United States, died on July 4, 1831. Calvin Coolidge, the Thirtieth President, was born on July 4, 1872, and thus was the only President to be born on Independence Day."

A good friend of mine was also born on the 4th and I was born on the 12th.  July is a good month.  :)

Lynn Brown has a cute table runner pattern for free on her website.  It's simple so anyone could do it.  it's also a little different.  It also would be easy to adapt and change to one larger wall hanging, etc.  If you are interested you can go to her website.  Also check out her other free patterns.  She has some BOMs that are nice.

http://lynbrown.com/

As some of you know, I recently joined CyberQuilters yahoo group.  I have learned a lot from that group and it is worth checking out (IMO).

A couple of friends have started to blog now and their blogs look like they will make interesting reading.  One of them is my friend Shelley (grins) who is trying to start an at home business for long arm quilting.  Follow her adventures at:

http://rockymtquilts.blogspot.com/

Shelley will probably be the one who I will send my large quilting projects to so she can quilt them on her Avante.  Of course that is also incentive for me to DO some large quilting projects.  That might mean I need to cut back on some swaps but not yet.

Kat also has started a blog and you'll probably find her writing style both interesting and easy to follow.  I have enjoyed her writing and suggestions on CyberQuilters and also her blog.

http://scrapboxquilts.blogspot.com/

Well I'd better stop here and get back to some projects.  My design wall (oohhh.  I have a design wall?) has m project for Rhonda's block swap on it.  It's all cut out and now I have to sew the 2.5" squares together. 

Need to wind a new bobbin of thread first though. 

Until next time.....

Happy Quilting everybody




No comments:

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...