Tuesday, July 5, 2011

More favorites and updates

As I'm waiting for the work mail to arrive, I thought I'd quickly sneak in here and post a few more of my favorites websites/blogs to visit. 



http://www.patchworktimes.com/          especially design wall Mondays
http://www.freepatterns.com/                 - check out July 5th.  Teddy Bear’s Paw Quilt.  This might have to be one of my doll swap quilts.  It is too cute to pass up.


I know the last one is longer but still check it out.  Has great pix and ideas on it. 

What do I like in a site?  Hard telling since my mood changes.  These that I've posted have caught my eye enough to bookmark them, follow them, and/or keep me interested in going back to see what is there.  Ideas like a different theme or topic for each day of the week or lots of advice.  Ok, I'll be honest, I'm addicted to free patterns also.  LOL.

Speaking of patterns, here is what I'm thinking of doing for the doll swap.  My partner likes red and sunbonnet sue.

 

I did this in EQ7 and am still working on it.  The red is an actual fabric that I have and scanned into eq7.  I'm not sure i like using the red for the border.  Might have to use a different color for that. 

Here is also an update on Nolee's table topper for the Quilting in the New Year Swap.  I've started doing the stitching and it's not looking too bad.  Thanks to Shel for suggesting the dark brown for thread.


I plan on doing one whole feather (the two units together make up one feather) a day.  That way I'm not pushing myself and rushing so that I get sloppier with my stitching.

Oops.  time to get back to work.  New student helper starting today.  Didn't know that but I can work with it.  LOL.

No comments:

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...