Sunday, May 15, 2011

Need a Break from Applique?

I think I need a break from doing flowers and applique.  So that would mean no Baltimore blocks and no flowers.  Oh wait.  I can't do that can I?  Nope, can't do that.  I just signed up for a Baltimore swap that I will need to do 12 blocks for.  Not sure how it would work out but I'll attempt it.  Sooo, in an attempt to take a break from flowers, I turned to my snowman quilt that I need to do for a swap.  Managed to put the buttons on for the facial features and applique the snowwoman on and her hat and scarf.  That ws easy to do since it was fusible and all I had to do was buttonhole around it. 

Time to work on something else than.  Put in the eye drops so I could work on something and turned to my current ones.  When did I get so many that I need to be done by this month?  Sigh.  Oh well, I will get them done.  Probably at the lst minute, but I will get them done.  In my attempt to stay away from Baltimore (ok, that scratched off working on the table runner for the swap) I turned to the block swap that I need to finish.  It is in purples and I am not sure I have enough of the fabric to get the block done.  THEN I remembered....oh wait, that isn't 36 individual 5 1/2 " blocks, each one of my 5.5" blocks get cut in four.  I might have enough fabric afterall.  So here I am sitting at the computer cutting out circles and appliqueing them....oh dear, I sai that word didn't I.  Ummm.  Here I am fastening them on.

I would show a picture of it but Shelley reads this and it is for her.  Perhaps she'll give permission after I finish it.  :)

Back to Appli....fastening on circles for the drunkard's path.


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...