Thursday, May 19, 2011

YAWWWNN

I had a wonderful sleep last night so I am really not sure why I am yawning.  Before bed I took some Benedryl as well as Ibprofen so I slept REALLY good.  Had a good dream also but I am NOT telling that here.  I'd be banned probably if I did.  :) 

Last night was also a semi productive night.  I managed to get  some writing done for Warhammer 40k.  The writing is sent off to my semi official editor and I should get it back within a day or two.  Then I can tweak it and it will be ready to run and thrown at the PBeM group.

I also made some decisions on some quilting projects.  Within the next seven days I want to learn how to take a .jpg and put it in EQ7 to color, etc.  I am sure this will be more of a matter of digging out the book.  I have scanned the pattern in that I wish to use the picture from so that part is already done.  Here are the two JPGs I want to import into EQ7.

The first one is called Tulip Twist.  It was popular between 1830 - 1860.  I am planning on making this into a small mini wall hanging.  The end result might not be larger than an 8.5 x 11 inch piece of paper.  It was usually featured with alternating between blocks with this design and a plain block and used mostly for twin or full size quilts.  The corer blocks were plan and it had a weaving vine with one flower underneath each "bell" curve of the vines.
 The next block is called Floral Sunburst and is from the same time period.  I might be joining in on a 8.5 x 11" size quilt exchange and this one also has possibilities for it.  The pattern showed for a queen size quilt with 4 1/2 inch sashing strips and one 2 1/4 inch strip to set off the squares made from the center of an Ohio Star block.  I would just do the center for now though.

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...