Sunday, May 29, 2011
I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do for the border but when I was at the grocery store, I was looking through some quilting magazines and saw some borders that might not be too bad. I had my cell phone with me at the time so I went and snapped a picture of them. :) Hadn't thought about doing that before.
This one I also like the border. I hadn't thought about doing something like it before but it has its appeal.
Then I saw this quilt and might make something similar to it some day. :) I've done similar to it and could use EQ to replicate something similar.
I also found a couple of older blocks that I had done. This first one was being billed as a 10 minute block from a tutorial on youtube. It took me considerably longer than 10 minutes and actually didn't totally finish the block (the sewing) until the next day. I know....I know....if I did it more, I'd probably get better at it.
This one is made up of scraps from a tube quilting method that I did. It's around 16" so I might use it sometime for the doll quilt swap. I think it would qualify.
I'm not sure how I'll finish it yet but it will be simple to do and I have to admit that I'm pretty proud that my points pretty much match up. This might be finished before going back to work on Wednesday. Not sure yet. The darker color in it is a green leaf motif.
Until next time....