Saturday, June 11, 2011

Another weekend upon us

My weekend actually started yesterday since NIU has gone to the four day work week for the summer.  That means from now until August I get Fridays off.  You'd think that I could make it a very productive weekend then wouldn't you?  Somehow it never gets that way.  Still it DOES make it better chances to have a wonderful Sunday.

Sunday is my day where I unwind.  After seeing mom for breakfast, I try to do what *I* want.  It might be nothing or it might be quilting, cross stitch or reading.  I never know what I will do.

This time, on Friday I went to JoAnne's before my coupon expired.  It turned out that I only saved $1 with my coupon but at least it was a saving.  :)

As you know, if you are following this blog, I am working on Rhonda's quilt block called Grace.  I have my blue blocks done but I now need to work on my red and white blocks for it.  I bought a couple of fat quarters from JoAnne's.  One is red with white on it and the other is a white one.  I shall be using those for the grace block.  I haven't taken a picture of it yet so you will have to wait until I start to do my blocks.  I prewashed the red fabric but not the white.

Another thing that I started was the May Batlimore Album block.  I'm not sure if I will be able to finish it this weekend or not.  The new block is out and it won't be too bad.  I don't think that I will do the new method for the flower.  I'll describe that better.  I would have to fold the fabric and it would take a three inch circle to do each one.  That's not too bad but I don't have a lot of extra blue to do it this time.  I will try it sometime though.

I only have 9 minutes left before I need to stop typing and doing facebook and start on working on gaming for tonight.

Then gaming around 4 p.m. until around 9 p.m.  Then home for a plan on what to do tomorrow.  LOL.  Does it sound like I live a regimented life?  Far from it.  These are just general guidelines.  If I don't do general guidelines or plans I find myself wasting the whole weekend away and just vegging.  That is good sometimes but not for all the times.

Oh yes, I will leave early tonight for gaming to see if the new tea store is open.  It is close to being open and I want to check it out.  I'm starting to get back into drinking my hot tea.  Even in summer time I like hot tea.  If I am going to wean myself off of soda then I need to drink more coffee and/or hot tea.  :)

Until next time....


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...