Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Oops...there went vacation

Ok.  Today I went on vacation.  That is what I am calling it anyway.  I took so me money out of the bank and went to the quilt shop.  I can hear you shaking your heads already my quilting friends.  You can see where this is already leading too.  I will say that I went into the quilt shop to just get three fat quarters.  For my non quilting friends that should have cost around $6.  Instead I walked out with a BIG bag and $170 less.  I bought a couple of books and fabric.  I'll take a picture later and post it here.

On one of my yahoo quilting groups that I belong to, somebody posted about knife edge binding.  Have you heard of that before?  It certainly looks easier.  I might have to try it on my next doll quilt.  Here is a link that explains it a little bit.

http://amsewing.blogspot.com/2011/05/binding-part-ii-knife-edge.html

Basically the front doesn't look like it has binding on it, only the back.  It's for when you don't want the binding to distract from the front....like what I was looking for with my American Eagle redwork.


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...