Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What I've been up to....

Another productive weekend.  On Saturday I wasn't feel good so stayed home and vegged with a fan on me. 
Didn't have to make biscuits and gravy for mom this week since it was my brothers turn to pay for breakfast.  But that is kind of normal stuff.  On Sunday I was feeling better so I got some quilting and craft time in.  THAT is always fun.

What did I work on?  First of all, I worked on my redwork.project.  Each month, one of my yahoo groups sets out to work on one thing in particular.  This month redwork was chosen.  They call it the bucket list because people submitted topics and all those topics were put in a bucket.  Then each month they pull out a topic.  I considered what to do and finally found it.  Thanks to free coloring book pages and my blue water soluble marking pen, I had my design.  Much to my surprise, I finished stitching it and put on the borders all in one night.  Here is how it turned out.



Last night I also started to work on Rhonda's blocks.  I wanted to branch out and learn new blocks.  Rhonda's block and block swap is a good way to do that.  I like the looks of her wing blocks and last night I started to try and figure out how to do them.  I am making progress.  I put together the four squares so that I could see how they lined up.  Here it is....






I'll keep you updated on how it turns out.

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...