Monday, August 22, 2011

Next up....Bumblebees

Time to start on my next project which needs to be mailed out before the end of the week.  I thought I was making pretty good progress but then realized that it was wrong and am in the middle of starting over.  The pattern calls for three large flowers with a bumble bee flying by them.  It was cute and I thought it wouldn't take too long.  SIGH!

Oh well, here is the tale.  The instructions called for it to be enlarged 200%.  I didn't want to make it 41" so I thought I just wouldn't enlarge it.  NOTE TO BONNI:  before putting on the fusible to fabric, lay out to see actually how big your pattern is.  (sigh...again)   I put the fusible on the back of my fabric and happily cut away blissfully unaware that it would still be too large.  I laid it out (thankfully did not iron it yet) and discovered my mistake.  So back to the drawing board.

I reduced it to 60% of the original and I think it will work.  What do you think?


No comments:

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...