Sunday, August 21, 2011

Verdict is in

WOW, that was quick.  Not only did I receive postings here but also some emails.

The verdict is in and the winner is put the binding with the  gold on top.  Here is what the finished doll quilt looks like. 



Here is a close up so you can see the center perhaps a little bit better.



Let me take a few minutes here to do a recap of this months progress towards obligations in August.  Of course I am doing this mostly for myself.  If I put it here, it lets me see my progress and how much I still need to do.

I have finished both doll quilts now as well as Rhonda's block swap.  I have started to cut out the fusibles for the Quilting in the New Year swap (more on that later).  I haven't yet had much time to work on the Baltimores but I will be doing a meet and greet in Setpember and plan on taking the Baltimore blocks with me to work on so I really only need to get them cut up and marked for sewing.  I also finished Dee's birthday present but won't post a picture of it until after her birthday (Friday) because I know she looks at this.  It's not much but I like it.  I also mailed off Dotty's birthday present (her birthday was Friday.  Overall I have to say that even though a lot of what I finished were small projects (sometimes only a mug rug) I am still pleased to put them in the finished category.

Now on to the next project....the bubblebee wall hanging.

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...